Genos Arrival Soon

Moderator: Admin

Eileen

Genos Arrival Soon

Post by Eileen » 13 Sep 2017, 10:50

Hi Folks,
We all know it is coming within the next couple of weeks and the teaser is out there.
https://www.yamaha.com/genos/

Can you make anything out of the above. It looks like they are using a 76 note one and it appears to have six knobs on the right hand side. There are defiantly sliders. The piano sounds great. I think there will be some usage of apps to do certain things but we must wait for the spec. Have Fun.

Genos and S970.

BramvT

Re: Genos Arrival Soon

Post by BramvT » 13 Sep 2017, 19:26

21731462_1483903515037998_794939450126550181_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PSR S-970 (exit : Tyros 1, 3 and 4 black edition)

Fred

Post by Fred » 13 Sep 2017, 19:33

Hi Eileen

Not long now. Allegro Music are hosting the first Demo's on the 6th and 7th of November.
Bonners Music are also having a Demo on the 7th Nov.

Full details are being released on the 2nd Oct.

Fred
Tyros 5 / 76

Fred

Post by Fred » 13 Sep 2017, 19:50

Hi Bram

Thanks for the pic. It's a bit small so I have added a link below.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A1B59FD

Fred
Tyros 5 / 76

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 13 Sep 2017, 23:20

I don't think this is an genuine picture so still waiting to see what is actually released from Yamaha.

Genos and S970.

Fred

Post by Fred » 14 Sep 2017, 12:32

Hi Eileen

Have you booked your place at the County Hotel on the 6th.

Regards
Fred
Last edited by Fred on 14 Sep 2017, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
Tyros 5 / 76

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 14 Sep 2017, 18:51

Was speaking to Joe yesterday.

Genos and S970.

organaut

Post by organaut » 17 Sep 2017, 09:01

Interesting, ;) As you say Eileen, the photo certainly isn't an "officially Yamaha corporation release" I think it is the actual Genos though. Probably one somebody has sneaked out accidentally on purpose. This tends to happen with new products no matter how tightly the firm tries to keep the lid on. Remember Snowdon after all. --- ;) Ok,so this photo is low resolution in poor lighting conditions and somebody out there may get a slap on the wrist sooner rather than later and have to take a fast boat to China .I don't think it's a fake photo shop job though. Nobody could get a spoofy that accurate to detail. Somebody has posted a back shot from a corner on a facebook page too and I notice what looks like maybe where you can see some of the inputs and outputs sockets just below the speaker connectors is what looks like a jack input so it will be great if they have put back the dedicated MS speaker audio inputs. In effect, doing away with that diabolical cable of the T5 to reach to the main sub outputs. If you're intermittently switching between external amps and the MS05 or recording direct it's a macabre game of Austin Stevens, trying to fight with that snake when your T5 is back against the living room wall . Well if I buy a Genos and trade my T5 in the not too distant future I can donate my pet mongoose to the London zoo at last. :D Assuming not many of us in ordinary situations have the keyboard located in the middle of the lounge it's not easy to get round the back even when you;re in your late 40s as I am .The other really plus point in practical terms (if the photo is to be believed) is that overall, the instrument looks more compact so 76 keys will fit in in a normal car now and that means I can also try and sell the hearse and buy something more cheerful to turn up at the residential homes with. :P Not sure if it;s any less deep (front to back) than the Tyros though .Oh, there's just one more thing ! I have done a Leutenant Columbo and sussed out what I think most of the physical buttons do. The six "light up in white" ones I'm unsure about located on the upper right side but they could be for the harmony, sustain, initial touch etc. As there are six such buttons on the T5. Looks like we're not going to get the layering of the Montage as the voice select buttons have only 4 choices, unless there are more options on the touch screen. This was inevitable but I suppose it is time we adapted to modern innovation. Definately 10 reg buttons in the middle though. Is that going to throw the spanner in the works for our previously made registrations or will they still work but showing two blank available slots on the screen ? Obviously 9 drawbars together now and to the left so it should be easier to use the left hand to shape them while still keeping the melody going with the right hand. Six Real time knobs--- "Good old" tweakable knobs and drawbar sliders :lol:
Reality is the dream that stuff is made of 8-)

Jan-Eve

Post by Jan-Eve » 17 Sep 2017, 10:58

Hal - lo! Tomorrow the chocolade box will be opened in Berlin. Then we all know what´s in it...
Have a nice sunday from Jan - Eve. ;)

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 17 Sep 2017, 11:37

Looking closely at the Registration Buttons shown in the picture it seems only five are numbered and the others have symbols on them. It also appears that there is a Joy stick in place of the two knobs. Can't see any recording for midi and Audio unless this is now on the screen which appears to be a fixed touch screen with no buttons. This may make it difficult for partially sighted people.
We have two more teasers to get through yet before we actually see the finale official pictures

Genos and S970.

organaut

Post by organaut » 17 Sep 2017, 16:54

I see what you mean about the reg buttons looking like symbols Eileen but then it looks a bit like this on the multi pads too. I wonder if it's just an effect of the poor quality photo when we try to expand it? I think the recording section might those buttons just above the intro and ending section. Yes thry've put one of those multi joy sticks similar to what Roland use now in place of the seperate pitch and modulation wheels.
I agree with you about the touch screen being difficult for partial or non sighted players. A friend of mine who is a blind player tells me that a touch screen for him is totally useless. Oh well, too late now.🙄
Reality is the dream that stuff is made of 8-)

tyrosrick

Post by tyrosrick » 18 Sep 2017, 12:21

If every forum member donates a thousand dollars each to me, I promise to buy a Genos and write about my experience with it. Are there any takers...aw, c'mon, huh? :D :lol:
Tyros 5 76 key

Roland

Post by Roland » 18 Sep 2017, 16:40

That's an interesting picture. I copied it into my photo editor to brighten it up a bit so I can see more details. If I am not mistaken, I noticed to the left a "toggle" instead of the two mod- and pitch-bend wheels.

If that were the case, how would folks think about switching from the Mod- and Pitch-bend wheels to a toggle similar to what I believe Korg uses?

Very interesting and I look forward to the new video this Friday - maybe we will see more then.

Cheers, Roland
Tyros 3, Motif XF8, Cubase
​I've finally discovered what's wrong with my brain: On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side there is nothing left :D

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 19 Sep 2017, 09:23

Hi Roland a Joy stick usually operates by moving from right to left for glides and back and forth for modulation. I prefer this to the two wheels.

Genos and S970.

Roland

Post by Roland » 19 Sep 2017, 15:35

Hello Eileen,

I haven't had the opportunity to play a keyboard with a toggle/joy stick yet. But I could imagine that it could come in quite handy for guitar playing where lots of fast string bending is required.

Oh, and I had a laugh looking at the picture again: The only thing that remains the same since decades is the SM58 microphone :lol:

Cheers, Roland
Tyros 3, Motif XF8, Cubase
​I've finally discovered what's wrong with my brain: On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side there is nothing left :D

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 20 Sep 2017, 10:52

Hi Roland,
I think we are going to see lots of great improvements on this keyboard. Not much longer to wait until it is officially shown to us.

Genos and S970.

geoff

Post by geoff » 20 Sep 2017, 21:20

Looking forward to the demo's. Hope they have one in this area early.

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 20 Sep 2017, 22:23

Hi Geoff,
It seems like most dealers are having demonstrations around the 7th Nov.

Genos and S970.