Forescore question

Bigdave

Forescore question

Post by Bigdave » 24 Jun 2017, 12:07

I have a lot of music books in ForeScore and have to go through all the pages to find a piece, I wondered if any one new if it is possible to extract a single piece using ForScore instead of a PC.

Regards

Dave
Tyros 5 TRX and PSR970

Eileen

Re: Forescore question

Post by Eileen » 25 Jun 2017, 11:04

I have never loaded full books in my fourscore section. I tend to load single sheets in and then create a playlist and transfer the music I want to play into this. I make various playlists for different venues and find it works well this way.

Tyros 5 and S970.

Bigdave

Post by Bigdave » 27 Jun 2017, 11:19

Hi Eileen
Thanks for responding, yes it is easier to load a single piece but I hardly ever use my laptop these days only my iPad/s and load from Dropbox, would you know the best way to isolate a piece using iPad?

Regards

Dave
Tyros 5 TRX and PSR970

Eileen

Post by Eileen » 27 Jun 2017, 11:42

Hi Dave,
I have never tried to do this as most of my music is rewritten in larger print and then scanned to create a PDF and then transferred by Dropbox from my computer to my Ipad. That way I only have loaded what I actually need. So many books have repeats in and a lot of tunes you would not play anyway.

Tyros 5 and S970.

Bigdave

Post by Bigdave » 27 Jun 2017, 17:37

Hi Eileen
Here's a reply from ForScore, it works brilliantly.

'Hi David,

I’m glad that helped! You can use forScore’s Bookmarks feature to specify pages within a larger file that can be treated as a separate score. Learn more on page 10 of our user guide: http://forscore.co/forScore10-2.pdf

Best,
Isaac Watson
forScore Customer Support"

Regards

Dave
Tyros 5 TRX and PSR970

Fred

Post by Fred » 27 Jun 2017, 20:15

Hi Dave

It's nice to see that you now have a work around. However I think it is still far better to have separate files for each song. It enables you to have many different sort criteria.

A couple of things that may interest you.

Scan Facility in Drop Box.
Drop Box has a very good scanner built into the APP. You can scan multiple pages as well as single sheets.

PDF Reader Pro.

https://www.pdf-reader-pro-edition.com

I use this on my IPAD to split my scanned books, into single files. It is very easy to use. You simply load a scanned book into the app and then select the pages for the song you want, then tap "Save PDF" you can then rename the file with the correct song title.

Fred
Tyros 5 / 76

Bigdave

Post by Bigdave » 27 Jun 2017, 20:29

Hi Fred
Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of the scanner in Dropbox it's a great feature isn't it, that PDF reader looks very good as well.

Kind regards.

Dave
Tyros 5 TRX and PSR970